Monday 22 October 2007

Monogram madness!

... I went a bit monogram mad yesterday, finishing off altering projects I have been wanting to do for ages. This is a wooden U, which I painted and distressed, then added sepia photos, some blooms and bling, a few wire embellishments and a spot of ribbon! It is now hanging on the kitchen door, where you can see it if you walk into our house. I love a bit of home decor!!





The next 2 monograms are metal letters I got in the bargain bucket at Au Naturelle for 25p each! Luckily they had lots of J's and T's - just what I need LOL. I added a black and white photo, then embellished them with ribbon, buttons, flowers etc - Tom has a thing about orange, and Jemma isn't really a girly girl, but purple is my fave, and it looks great against the silver letters. They now have pride of place in the kids rooms :) I have large chipboard monograms to do for the kids too, but will probably do them for christmas gifts ;)


Finally, here is the LO I have been umming and aahhing over for the past week! One of Mark, for a change, he doesn't really feature in my pages as much as he should do really, something that needs to be addressed...


I used a Scrap Studio kit (formerly ModScraps kits) which was all Scenic Route (drool!) and the colours are perfect for these Tree Adventure photos (yes more photos from Tree Adventures - told you I took a lot LOL) Did a bit of doodling on the arrows and title, used a New Zealand circle stamp I got in Wellington, and Heidi Swapp "adventure" stamp again.





I think now I will go and lie down, 3 days of creativity is quite a lot for me, and I do seem to be lacking energy today, and have a thick head :(

Although I have thought of a finishing touch to put on my Christmas cards....the cogs keep whirring - the brain is still working even if the flesh is weak LOL....



ttfn

1 comment:

Anne C said...

Sarah love the monograms and the Lo..I really need to find one of those shops near me..