Friday 19 October 2007

I finally finished something....

... and I must say that I am very pleased with how its turned out.

The book is a 7 Gypsies naked wire-o album that my lovely teamie Anne sent me, and I decorated the covers using Papertrey Ink stamps - from the Take a Bough set. The alpha stickers are Basic Grey, and the "adventure" stamp is Heidi Swapp. Some organza ribbon finished it off nicely.

For each page, I used a 5.5 x 3.5 inch piece of card to mask off the centre, and then stamped around it to create a border. I used Papertrey Ink stamps again, with the leaves coming from another set, Blooms I think it is called. I did this on every page, which is something I started to regret after page 4 LOL, although I must admit it is very effective, and I love how it looks - so it was worth the effort. More BG stickers, the Heidi Swapp adventure stamp, and a map of New Zealand I got in Kiwi Scraps in Wellington finish off the title page, and I stuck a hot fix crystal on the map to show where we were (approximately ;P)

These are some of the pages, I mixed portrait and landscape photos, hence why some of the pictures look odd.... I did the journalling using Hero Arts tiny type stamps, another time consuming task, but I love the effect. The monograms are cut from Scenic Route paper, using a Scenic Route chipboard alpha as a stencil :)

It is a lovely little book, and the kids have already looked through it loads, which is what it is there for after all. We had a great time at Tree Adventures, and I wanted to create something special to record it. Not my speediest project ever, but I put alot of love into that little book, and that was well worth the time...

ttfn

1 comment:

** Paula ** said...

oh this is just lush!!! love it all!!!!!