Tuesday 20 September 2011

Sassy Lil' Sketches September week 3 :: Up, up and away

Tuesday in my house means grocery shopping day, although today it also means that it is time for a new sketch over at Sassy Lil' Sketches!


I will admit that I had a bit of a struggle with this sketch. I think it was something to do with the cloud shapes that Cherie had put into the top third of the sketch, and it threw me a bit! In the end I decided to substitute the clouds for some kites, and found some kite flying photos that I hadn't scrapped yet.

I swirled white and pale blue inks directly onto the kraft cardstock to make a sky, and handcut some kite shapes (picking out our coat colours) which I then adhered to the "sky" using foam pads. I added some handstitching for the tails. The rest of the layout was pretty straightforward after that :) The green paper was punched with a Martha Stewart edging punch, and the title was cut from funky foam using the Sizzlit Chunkadelic alphabet dies. I added my strip journalling to the top right hand corner, and added some more handstitching to finish it all off.

As usual, this month we have a couple of sponsors who are generously donating prizes. To be in with a chance, upload your layout using the sketch by the 5th October onto the blog :)

Our sponsors this month are:

Authentique Paper


 and




Head over to the blog to see what the rest of the week 3 Sassies have done with the sketch, and check back on Saturday to see how the Switch it up gals have ...err...switched it up...


TTFN



xxxx


3 comments:

Scrapenabler said...

Great layout Sarah! I love how you used the kites in place of the clouds.

Amy said...

The kites are so fun!! Nice work!

Michelle McClure said...

I saw your LO on SLS and wanted to stop by tell you how much I loved it! I really like how you continued the photos into background paper with the addition of the kites and handstitching. What a great idea.