Monday 5 September 2011

Nuts About Sketches week 177 :: Take a bow

This week is the first reveal from the new Design Team over at Nuts About Sketches,and I am thrilled to be a part of this wonderful team! This week is a great one page sketch, designed as ever by Shawn.


These photos are of me and my Mum, taken on her birthday in 1973. I was 8 months old. Apparently her and my Dad decided that it would be funny to put a gift bow on my head.... And then took photographic evidence of my reaction...

I used scraps up to do this layout - the patterned paper is actually from a Christmas collection by Gin-X. The cardstock is from Bazzill basics. The flowers are all from Making Memories - Noteworthy. I took 3 of the tulle flowers in the pack and sewed them together to make a centre for the felt flowers. The leaf sprays are a PaperTrey Ink stamp, which were stamped onto American Craft cardstock, and then hand cut out. The title alphas are also American Crafts - Chipboard Thickers. I used ribbon, brads and buttons from my stash.

Please head over to the blog to see what the brand new Design Team have created using the sketch, you are definitely going to be inspired!!

TTFN


xxxx

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Great layout! It always feels terrific to use some scraps, doesn't it?

Ursula Schneider said...

what fun photos to have. Love the cluster of embellies!