Monday 26 September 2011

Nuts About Sketches Week 180 :: 1952

"One hundred and eiiiiiiiiiighty!!!!" LOL. I blame my Dad for this one, he made us endure the watching of darts games when we were kids. I can't see 180 without hearing Sid Waddell in my head...

So, over at Nuts About Sketches, this week is sketch 180, and it is a double page sketch. I took the right hand side of the sketch as my guide for today's page.


These are photos from an old album my Mum brought me from my Nana's house in the summer. The photos are of my Grandparents, and my Mum aged 4, on their holiday at Eastbourne in August 1952. These photos are gorgeous, and there are a few more like it in the album, including a beautiful one of my grandparents together. I don't know if they were taken by a photographer, or by my Great-grandfather, as my Papa's parents were also on holiday with them.
Another thing my Mum brought me was an album full of postcards that belonged to my Great Aunt Nellie. It seemed quite a tradition to send her a postcard, and she kept alot of them. I found a postcard sent from my grandparents to Auntie Nellie from this trip to Eastbourne, so I scanned in both sides and printed out copies to add to the layout. I love that I have my Nana's handwriting on postcards, and love reading them.

I used papers from My Mind's Eye Stella and Rose collection for the layout, adding a title using American Crafts Thickers, and some Prima flowers and buttons from my stash. I inked all the edges using a Colorbox chalk ink pad in Charcoal.

Please hop over to the blog to see what the rest of the DT have done with this weeks sketch!

Thanks for stopping by!!

TTFN


xxxx



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a lovely layout and how special to have all those photos and postcards. I bet it's amazing to have a browse through them all. Becky x

Mary Pat Siehl said...

great job as always sarah!

Jingle said...

Very pretty page! I like those colors!

Margie Higuchi said...

Oh wow! Love those pictures and what a way to record them with the postcard. Wonderful :)

Pamela said...

Love this! Beautiful layout! :)