Wednesday 21 September 2011

Having a Ball

The first Sunday in September I went to our local crop. After having a summer break it was really good to see the crafty girls again, to sit, chat and eat cake and do the odd bit of crafting!! I decided that I wanted to scrap some photos from the Mess Summer Ball, and picked out one of Allison Davis's fab sketches from Sketch Support. This is Two Page sketch #17.




The Mess was dotted with lots of polystyrene props, which just screamed out for photo ops! And we actually took a camera with us for once. We have never taken a camera to a ball in the 20 years Mark has been in the RAF. Don't know why, it just never really occured to us! But it was the best idea we've had in a long time, as we got some great shots from the night.

I used Bazzill kraft cardstock for the base, and the papers are from My Mind's Eye Stella and Ruby collection. I actually bought the papers with these photos in mind, from my LSS! They matched my dress!!
Instead of the large star shape on the sketch I used a shaped paper, and substituted the smaller stars with circles. I handstitched through the circles to mimic the sketch. I cut some of the title from cardstock using the Sizzlit Nouveau alphabet dies, and the "BALL" is a BasicGrey raw chipboard alphabet that I painted with yellow paint, and then added Waterfall Stickles to them afterwards.

It's been a while since I have used one of Allison's sketches, and I forgot how easy they make putting a 2 page layout together. I love this layout, even with photos of me on it, and I know that I will keep going back to Sketch Support for more sketches!

TTFN


xxxx

2 comments:

jessica - craftychicgirl said...

I really like the circles with the stitching. It really draws the eye across the pages.

Johanna said...

I really like the "line" you made with your circles!!