Thursday 22 September 2011

Hi de Hi!!!

Ho de Ho!! I know this will stump many of my readers, but all will become clearer soon, I promise ;)

I realised that I didn't share the layout I used for the Nuts About Sketches DT call, using the sketch provided by Shawn.


These are photos are of my Gran and Grandad, at Butlin's Holiday Camp inthe 1950's.  Butlin's was the inspiration for the 1980's BBC sitcom "Hi De Hi" - hence the title. My Grandparents went there on holiday many times when my Dad and Aunt were children - to Skegness, Minehead and many of the other camps, most of which are no longer open. I think his experiences as a child made my Dad adamant that we were never going to Butlin's on holiday, but I think that is just because of the person he is.  In fact, the only time he took us to one, was on a day trip to Skegness for my birthday one year. My Grandparents were different animals - very sociable, and enjoyed going to the evening shows and doing the daft games. I would have loved to have gone with them, just once...

I used papers from W R Memory Keepers, and did quite a lot of handstitching! I love the summery colours of the papers, and having black and white photos means you don't have any clashing with the photos!

TTFN


xxxx

3 comments:

jessica - craftychicgirl said...

love the stitched flourishes...i keep seeing stitching on pages lately and i'm dying to try it on mine...

nylene said...

This is so interesting, Sarah. I love the colors with your black and white photos and kraft paper. Nice job on the stitching.

Amy said...

I love the half sun and the stitching! Fabulous layout!