Monday 19 September 2011

Nuts About Sketches week 179 ::Confetti

Monday comes around so soon!! Time for another of Shawn's amazing sketches over at Nuts About Sketches! This week she has a great sketch to share!


This is a photo from my wedding, in 1994. I think this is only the second photo I have scrapped from that day, mainly because I do not like photos with me in them, and obviously quite a lot of my wedding photos have me in them...LOL. This was in my Gran's photograph box that I inherited when she died. I do actually like this photo, but more for the memories rather than the actual photo IYKWIM.
In the photo I look like someone has stuck a ferret down my back... but in fact, it was Auntie Edith shoving handfuls of confetti down the back of my dress! Edith was a bit of a mischief maker, someone who always had a twinkle in her eye. She wasn't an actual Aunt of mine, but a friend of my Nana and Papa - they met Edith and her husband Lawrence on holiday in Yarmouth in 1949 and became firm friends. My Mum used to visit Edith every week when we went to swimming club training, and she still writes to Rosemary, their daughter.
If I'd have known what she was going to do, I'd have tried to make it so she wasn't behind me... I left a trail of confetti everywhere I walked for the rest of the day, and still found it in my underwear that night!!!

I used My Mind's Eye papers on this page - nice glittery papers - and the cardstock is Bazzill Basics. I handcut out the leaves after stamping a PaperTrey Ink stamp onto cardstock with Crushed Olive Distress Ink. The flowers are Prima (I think) and the chipboard letters are Thickers from American Crafts.

Check out the blog to see what the rest of the design team did with the sketch!

TTFN


xxxx







6 comments:

Pamela said...

Oh this is beautiful! I love it!!! :)

Johanna said...

Beautiful LO... And great story!!

Murphy's Law said...

beautiful lo and story. can't wait to see the scrapped story of the box too!

Connie Mercer said...

I love MMe too!! You did a fabulous job on this!!!

Ursula Schneider said...

that is a wonderful LO and I am so glad that you scrapped it. Your family will be so glad that there are photos of you. They are not nearly so concerned as you are with how you look, they just love you!

Amy said...

Wow! Beautiful!