Saturday 17 November 2007

I promised I would share...

... so I am!
This is the journalling book I have been making for my Gran.

I made it with 8x5 plain index cards (which I printed the questions on) and the covers are made from mount board, covered with paper from Pink Petticoat. I cut a question mark from Bazzill, and them embellished with prima flowers. I bound it all with my Bind it All :)


I also completed another LO - more photos from Tree Adventures in New Zealand (I did take loads of photos here LOL), and another LO using Scenic Route products...

The Scenic Route papers, Bazzill and felt all came from the Metropolis Scrapbooking kit from the Scrummy Stash Cafe (love the name of this shop LOL). There are also some Basic Grey alpha stickers on there, and some Scenic Route chipboards alphas too. A few Paper Mania buttons were thrown in too for good measure...

I have been really busy this week doing the Christmas shopping - the kids are just about sorted now, we are waiting for a few web purchases to come... I need to get the rest of the family sorted now, most have a little crafty gift, just need to get a few extras. Hope to get it all posted the first week of December, so I can really enjoy the build up to the big day, and also to have time to do Shimelle's "Journal your Christmas" class. I did this last year - and finished it - and I love the book I produced, and it really made me think about what Christmas means to me, and how as a family we celebrate it. It made me realise that we don't have a lot of "traditions" like I did when I was a child, and this year I am trying to remedy this, by trying to start a few...

I have also spent this afternoon paper mache-ing balloons - Jemma decided she wanted to make a Santa sweet holder that she found in an old Art Attack magazine, and so we thought we would give it a go... The kids lasted about 2 minutes with the newspaper and watered down PVA... so Mark and I ended up doing it LOL. As I type, the newspaper clad balloons are hanging on the washing line... Step 2 comes tomorrow, if they are dry...

I have also been tagged, by Linda, but forgive me as I have to actually think of 7 facts about me first, and I must admit I have not really come up with anything remotely interesting yet... But I will be back, with my list and my list of taggee's...

But when it will be I have no idea, cos I took delivery of some gorgeous Sugar Nellie stamps this morning, and I am itching to do some stamping and colouring in....

ttfn xx

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looking forward to seeing what you do with your new stamps. Love your latest LO