Tuesday 20 November 2012

Winter is coming...

.... even to Florida. (BTW love the Game of Thrones, although prefer the books to the TV series...)

I knew I would acclimatise to the North Florida weather, but I didn't think I would do it so quickly! The experience of living in the Mediterranean for 4 years put me in good stead for this move, as I'd done the whole living in a tropical climate thing before. I think my body has gone back into Gibraltar mode, I quickly adjusted to the heat when we arrived, and now I am starting to feel the chill of November... My Scottish buddies will scoff at me, when I say it has only been 20 degrees C today - and I am sat here in jeans and a hoodie and socks.... One of the other families who moved across with us has not brought any winter clothing with them at all, thinking they would not need it. Eh? Now, I know I can be a bit daft sometimes, but even I know that when your body gets used to 35 - 40 degree C in the summer, when it drops by 20 degrees it feels cold.... Unless you are my husband, who is determined to wear shorts all year round regardless of the temperature. And I am totally justified for buying those 3 pairs of boots in the Target summer sale back in July....

Anyhow, when we moved, I didn't pack any of my knitting stuff, thinking I wouldn't want to do any. Now, you can guess what happened, can't you. Yep, I got the urge to pick up some needles and yarn and make stuff lol. So this is what I made....


...fingerless gloves. Lovely long gloves, that come up to my elbows lol. And they have cable on them. I love, love, love doing cable.

The pattern is a free pattern that you can get here. There are lots and lots of other free patterns for both knitting and crochet, and I now have a collection printed out for future projects....

And it also helped that Michael's had a sale on all their yarn last week....

Current project - legwarmers. Yep. Kids from Fame, eat your heart out....

2 comments:

laura said...

I have terrible arthritis in my wrists, and these look awesome!

Fleursbydesign said...

Beautiful gloves