Monday 4 June 2007

Welcome to my Blog

This is my "crafty" blog, a place where I can share my creations, whether it be scrapbooking, knitting, card making or any other creative gubbings.

I am very honest in the fact that I don't class myself as being "original" - I tend to lift ideas or use patterns or sketches to complete my projects. I am not a designer by any meaning of the word, and do not pretend to be one. I have sold some of my cards and other crafty creations in a local craft shop, but it is on a very very small scale, I am lucky if I sell 2 or 3 items a month. I am not wanting to make a career or living out of my craft, it is purely for my relaxation and pleasure - the biggest kick I get from this is the response I get from recipients of my hand made gifts, that is worth more than any fame or fortune.

I don't spend alot of time crafting, although I am sure my long suffering hubby would disagree with that :P, and my craft room is the understairs cupboard...just call me Harry Potter!! Life gets in the way a lot, especially when Mark is away, so my priorities reflect that, and my crafting suffers...But it is not the be all and end all, as long as something creative happens sometimes, then I am happy!!

No comments: