Wednesday 27 June 2007

Teacher Presents

Yes, it is that time of year again - end of term, so time for teacher's gifts. This is the gift I have made for Jemma's teacher this year - a desktop calendar...







I used Karen Foster papers, quotes from QuoteGarden.com, 7 gypsies calendar stamps and lots of ink and machine stitching. I attached a ribbon tag to each calendar page, so it can be removed to add info to the page, and it also is useful for flipping the pages. I added some narrow sheer ribbons in pink and purple (apparently favourite colours of said teacher) to finish it off.

Jemma has had this teacher for the past 2 years, and she has always appreciated the gifts I have made for her - in fact I got a lovely thank you note after Christmas, thanking me for the altered clipboard I did.... The only downside to having the same teacher for 2 years, is that I have to think up something new every year!!!!


Next, gifts for Tom's 2 nursery teachers, I did Basic Grey Carryout cartons for them both from the Oh Baby Girl! range, and filled them with goodies - candles, chocs etc, and then added a teddy bear key ring I bought in Au Naturelle.

This is a candle tin I decorated for the centre manager - inspired by Stacey (casa182), thanks hun x. I used some free papers I got with a scrapping magazine, I rhink they are Crate paper. Added a couple of large blooms, and a button, and some organza ribbon, et voila!

Well, thats teachers gifts out the way until Christmas...

No comments: