Thursday 30 September 2010

Millbuies

The sun is out for the last day of September, a lovely end to the month. Obviously, I will be at work for most of it - extra hours again.

I found some more time this week to do some crafting, and I was itching to make a layout with Allison Davis's Sketch week sketch. I took some of the photos from when we went to Millbuies Loch. We'd never been there before, considering that it is not too far from us, and we enjoyed a leisurely walk around the loch, trying out the slingshot (safely and responsibly of course) and also following a family of ducks.


I used bazzill card stock, and papers from the Basic Grey Archaic collection. The trees are handcut, and I used a Papertrey Ink stamp for the trunk/branches. The title is done with American Crafts "Lullaby" foam Thickers.

I really enjoy using these sketches, it's nice to do some 2 pagers every now and again.

When the kids saw this layout, they asked where the photos of Dad's bottom was.... Erm... The highlight of the visit for them, was shoving pine cones down Mark's shorts, and at one point, he had to take his shorts down to get rid of all the pine cones... So of course, being papparazzi, I took some shots... Photos are not really suitable for those with a gentle constitution, but Tom said "But Mum, you could have made a flap on the page and hidden them underneath..." Maybe next time, Son...

TTFN

xxxx

3 comments:

Erika said...

Fab LO and great photos Sarah.

Scrapbook Generation said...

I'm Allison's mom, and I just saw the water layout of yours posted on her blog. It's absolutely gorgeous...the colors are so perfect and the whole layout is stunning with all the circles! You did a super job! -- Debbie Sanders

Kelly said...

saw your water LO on Allison Davis' blog. congrats for the shout-out! LOVE your layout!!!