Thursday 2 December 2010

As promised....

... my second post of the day!

This is my December album. After doing Shimelle's Journal Your Christmas class a few years now, I have really exhausted the prompts. So this December I am going more towards the Ali Edward's December Daily route... More of a month in the life type of thing. Sort of. Ish. Fingers crossed...

Anyway, I decorated my album at the crop-that-wasn't-a-crop on Sunday, using a Fancy Pants acrylic tabbed album and that wonderful gorgeousness that is Crate Paper "Snow Day". I really do love this paper collection!
I used a Spellbinder Nestabilities die for the scalloped squares, and then cut plain squares to mat on top. I then positioned them back to back on the acrylic dividers so you couldn't see the adhesive. I then divided 30 5" x 3" record cards between the dividers. These will be my pages. I have decided that one side will have a photo or emphemera on it, and the reverse side will have some journalling. That is the plan. The 2nd of December, and I am keeping to the plan LOL.


Next I have some layouts to share. Last month, Allison Davis and the rest of the Scrapbook Generation Publishing Team put a call out for a Creative Team. As a lover of sketches, I thought that I would have a stab at this. So I made 2 layouts and a card following the sketches she provided.
I didn't get on the team, but I thought I would share them anyway. The new Creative Team is full of really talented girls, and I can't wait to see what sketchy goodness they share with us in January!
First off, a single layout sketch.
Some photos of Jemma and her Uncle Dave, at a family wedding. These two do not see each other very often, and Uncle Dave is always good for a spot of fun, so Jemma clings to him like a limpet. I busted out some inks for this one, and did a bit of sponging round the edges of the paper. The stitching is done by hand.
Next up, a card. I used up a few of my scraps for this one. And of course one of my favourite Sugar Nellie stamps - A Little Birdie Told Me Gorjuss Girl. The image is coloured in with ProMarkers. The sentiment is from a Personal Impressions set.



And finally, I did a 2 pager. More photos of my family hanging about in trees. My Library of Memories section for this is filling up fast LOL. And there are plenty more to scrap yet...



I just love, love, LOVE this sketch, I love that I can get loads of photos on it and still have plenty of room for a good chunk of journalling, and there is still white space.
I'm away to the warmth of my craft room now, the sunroom where the computer lives is a bit on the cool side - but what do you expect when it is already -11 outside??? If the icicles get any bigger on the front porch, we will need a hard hat to get out the front door tomorrow... Mind you, they certainly made a door-to-door double glazing salesman's visit a quick one this afternoon - I told him I had a button to release the icicles on unsuspecting door salesmen... He gave me a leaflet and scarpered quick...LOL.
Hope you are all staying warm and safe out there....
TTFN
xxxx



3 comments:

Linda Beeson said...

I so love your album, the clear base is perfect. The layouts are great too.

Connie Mercer said...

love the album~beautiful!!!!!

** Paula ** said...

Absolutely lovin the book - fab layouts and very cute card too!!!