Tuesday 14 December 2010

The art of being organised...

...when it comes to Teacher's gifts at Christmas. Especially when you work in retail. Last year, I was super organised, and made mini Christmas cakes (very boozy Christmas cakes, hic!)
This year, not quite to organised, but enough to make sure I got them done this week, as next week I am out of action due to working nights....

On the lookout for something easy and different to do, I found a recipe here for Hot Chocolate on a stick. So this week I gave it a go. I found my ice cube tray only yeilded 1/2 oz cubes, so I packaged the sticks in pairs, so that you get enough for a good mug of hot choc (using about 1/2 pint/ 1 cup of hot milk) I used dark chocolate for the main flavour, and dipped them in some white chocolate for a festive touch!

I put two lots of Hot choc sticks and a package of my ever faithful Snowman Soup into a pretty mug I found in Tesco's. I also stuck a couple of Time Out chocolate bars in there for good measure.


The labels I made up a few years ago, using images from PC Crafter, and just adding text to the centres. I resized these labels for the Hot Choc Sticks this year. I sellophaned the whole lot up and added some ribbon, and they are now ready to go!

I'm quite pleased with how they have turned out, and will certainly do them again, maybe even experiment with flavours and moulds too. I did make sure I have some spares, so I can get to taste test them. Oops, best do that before the kids take them to school really...!!!

TTFN



xxxxx

8 comments:

Connie Mercer said...

great teachers gifts!!! very cute!!

Murphy's Law said...

oh yum! they're gonna love it. umm....i'm on your list right? lol!

Lisa Dorsey said...

Those are so cute and what a great idea!

Casey Wright said...

What a fun idea! Love it!

Pamela said...

Awesome!!!!

Erika said...

They're fab Sarah....only thing is I had planned a mug style pressie for DS2's teacher...but they'll get compared..yikes!! LOL...if you are coming to test out my stamps it is only fair that I quality control these for you, LOL again. x

ellen s. said...

oh i have to try that recipe!

** Paula ** said...

Love the sticks! Fab idea xx