Saturday 21 June 2008

Going through a blue phase...

....it seems this week LOL.
I am now onto the photos from South Island, and onto the second album... So this week I have been busy sorting photos, choosing pagemaps and making up page kits :) And I did manage to do a couple of LOs too, both using pagemaps from April 2008 :)


These photos were taken on the ferry from Wellington (North Island) to Picton (South Island), and the sea was flat calm, quite unusual for mid-winter :) I am not a good sailor at all, but the kids wanted to go to the front of the boat, so Mark took them, and took some cracking photos of both the kids and the views :)

I used Scenic Route paper, bazzill card, foam thickers, a journalling spot from a Gogo kit, some chipboard stars, Stickles and oodles of buttons :)


These are the views which awaited us as we crossed from East coast to West coast, in our campervan. We had to cross the Southern Alps, via Arthur's Pass, which we were quite worried about seeing as the roads close frequently during the winter. The snow came right down to raod level, and it is the first time I have seen snow in July - even living in Scotland LOL!!

I used Sassafrass Lass paper, bazzill card, ribbon was from a Little Silver Hat ribbon kit, foam thickers, a snowflake brad, and the journalling block is a Stamps Away! stamp I got in a kit from Scrummy Stash Cafe :) I put flat backed jewels round the journalling block ;)

This week has flown by, what with Sports Day, Brownie BBQ, work, taking the cat for her injections, and a Tang Soo Do competition.... Tom and Jemma had fun at sports day, Tom got a 3rd place sticker, but no stickers for Jemma, but smiles all round anyway. Mark did both the Dad's race and a tug of war, causing much merriment LOL.

Tom got a silver medal for his sparring at the TSD competition :) He is a yellow belt, quite junior compared to the brown and black belts of the others in his group, and he was beaten to gold by the black belt, so I am very proud of him today :) I came home to find some new Sugar Nellie stamps on my door mat - Karate Boy, and the Halloween set ;) I am hoping to make a mini book of Tom showing his progression through the belts, and the Karate boy will come in most useful....

ttfn

xxx

4 comments:

Mrsjobee said...

Huge congratulations to Tom - fantastic to get silver in his first competition!!

** Paula ** said...

Fab layouts!
Congrats to Tom too!
Looking forward to seeing your sugar nellie creations!

Anne C said...

Oh these are super I love the blue theme..

Mrsjobee said...

Youve been tagged!! Hope you are whooping it up tonight girl!