Wednesday 2 April 2008

I'm baaaack.....!

This week I have mostly been........sleeping LOL. The lurgy continues to linger, although Jemma is much better now, and even managed to make it into school for the last day of term :) So I haven't managed to do anything remotely crafty, until yesterday.... I managed a couple of hours in the cubbie, and got a few bits done:)

This DLO has been started for a while, but I was waiting for some Thickers to arrive from QVC, to do the title.....

I used Becky Higgins' sketch out of the March issue of Creating Keepsakes, and I love how I have got 9 photos on this DLO! I used some K&Co paper from March's Scrapagogo kit, some blue cardstock I have had for years, and a strip of Crate paper:) Thickers for the title, and voila, one DLO!! I must go through all my old issues of CK and save Becky's sketches for future reference, as I really enjoyed doing this one :) Patiently waiting for my April copy, hopefully it will turn up this week :)

This next LO was based on a December 2006 pagemap, and uses up scraps of the January Scrapagogo kit - I must work out how many LOs I have got out of this kit, and I still have a few scraps left!!

I used bazzill cardstock, papers are all Making Memories Noteworthy, rik rak and trimming from stash and once more Thickers foam alphas for the title:) I really need a scratch and sniff for this LO, as words cannot describe the smell LOL!!

Finally, I made a card! Friends of ours who live in Alaska have just had a baby boy, so I got my Little Cotton Rabbit stamps out for a quick and simple card.


I coloured him in with watercolour pencils and a waterbrush, I used Palette Ink to stamp him. The sentiment is an Elzybells stamp :) Ribbon again from stash (I still have far too much ribbon!). I am going to make a maze book for them too, but I have never done one of these before, so off to find some instructions and maybe report back later with the finished result!

It's sooooo good to be back and in the crafting zone again - it is true that it is therapeutic ;)

1 comment:

** Paula ** said...

Oh these are beautiful sarah! that little card is sooo adorable!

glad to read that Jemma is feeling better. hope your feeling better soon hun x