Tuesday 26 February 2008

Penguins and spacehoppers....

... obscure I know, but this is what I have been scrapping this week...

Firstly penguins - these fellas were at Kelly Tarlton's aquarium in Auckland. They had their own enclosure which you rode around in a Snowcat ride. They just seemed to stand still the whole time, as if they were posing for photographs LOL

This LO is done using Pencillines Sketch 68, and I used some quite old stash to do it, the yellow is embossed vellum, and the paper is from a job lot I purchased off a scrapper who was wanting to get rid.... and I had no idea what was in the box when I purchased it LOL... but I have found a use for some of it now! The grey flowers are from a large silk prima flower I dismantled, the title is cut with Sizzlit Nouveau font and then I added some black stickles to help it stand out a bit:)

Now spacehoppers.... I adored my spacehopper, and was devastated when it had a misunderstanding with one of my Dad's rose bushes and deflated :( This photo was one I found at my Gran's, and I love my expression :) I must have been 4, and look - red shoes (albeit very scruffy red shoes LOL)

I used a pagemap from August 2007, and I finally cut into Feb's Scrapagogo kit, using some of the lush Scenic Route Loveland papers :) Added a few PM buttons, and a large flower which came in a Little Silver Hat ribbon kit :) The rik rak is gorgeous velvet rikrak, again from LSH :)
The title is done using American crafts velvet thickers, which were in the Gogo kit, although they seemed to shed everywhere, like a moulting dog...

I finished tidying up my cubbie, hence all the scrapping, as I have spent the past 3 nights in there LOL. I have a little radio in there now too, and everything is now to hand, and I have a little bit of space too, so I don't feel quite so crammed in!

I have a birthday card to make for Sunday, but apart from that I can do what I like !!

ttfn

xxx

No comments: