Tuesday 4 January 2011

Twice as Sassy...

My fellow Sassie Pia set up a challenge over at the Sassy Lil' Sketches Forum to see if anyone was willing to join her by making cards this year only out of scraps. Now I have a large scrap folder bursting to the seams with scraps, so I said "Why not" and put my pledge in for 26 cards made out of scraps for 2011. This is number 1.


Now my title says "Twice as Sassy". There is a reason for this.

1. I used a Sassy Lil Card Sketch - this is the sketch from 14th December

2. The image on the card is a Sugar Nellie Simply Sassy stamp! This little cutie is called Bella Bunting, and you can get her here.

I coloured her in with my ProMarkers, and then hunted through my scraps for some, erm, scraps! The polka dot is from October Afternoon, and all the cardstock is Bazzill. The sentiment stamp is from a Studio G stamp set. The flower is made from a leftover piece of a punched border, gathered into a circle and then a button added on top.

I'm not a confident colourer, but these stamps are just so lovely to colour in! I even managed to make her have a hairdo like mine, with a few streaks in, and she also has my hazel eyes LOL. I know that this is one image I will turn to again and again.

TTFN


xxxx

3 comments:

Erika said...

I so love this sassy stamp and great colour scheme.

Mary Pat Siehl said...

that is the cutest stamp and your card is fantastic!

Scrapenabler said...

Cute card! I love your take on the sketch.