Friday 19 March 2010

Goodbye and hello!

Thought I would share the card I made for a dear friend who is leaving for pastures new very shortly :( I am off out for a meal with her and a few other friends tonight, and can't wait to catch up with them all :)

I basically cardlifted this card from Tiets here although I only did a single gatefold instead of the double :)


The image is a Sugar Nellie Gorjuss stamp, coloured in with watercolours, and the message stamp on the front is from Elzybells. I used K&Co papers, and the butterflies are done with a Martha Stewart punch. The tags have a little message on one, and our address and phone number on the other, so we can keep in touch :)
So that's the goodbye, so what's the hello?? Well, after playing with my limited Promarker collection earlier on in the week, I bit the bullet and ordered a bulk order of Promarkers from Angelcrafts :) So I am hoping to get a bit of time to play next week before I head back to work ;)
Also I am saying hello to my little seedlings LOL
In my little propogator I now have 8 tomato plant seedlings, and a few lettuce seedlings have started to appear. No signs of the herbs yet...
Tom had a great birthday, he loved his card :) He also loved the pile of Lego that was nearly as big as him LOL. He has spent most of his spare time building, and has just the largest set left to build now. I'm off to his school this afternoon as his class is leading the assembly this week. They are telling the Easter story, and Tom is playing Judas.... hmmm. He has a black jumper to wear, because he told me "all murderous people wear black, Mummy" - and I think he is looking forward to playing the bad guy. Knowing the boy, he could ham it up and even throw in a villainous laugh bwahahahahaha...
Been keeping up with the walking this week too, doing 3 walks this week :) My legs sure are complaining, so I must be doing the old muscles some good.

Jemma has been busy singing with the school choir at the Moray Music Festival this week, she looked quite the proper school girl with her shirt, tie, skirt and long white socks LOL - nothing like her at all :) They didn't win any prizes this time, although Jemma was adamant that they were robbed yesterday, as she said "we were soooo much better than at least 2 of the other choirs". Oh dear.
Well off I go, as its a busy old weekend ahead - Tang Soo Do belt grading tomorrow morning, then Tom's party tomorrow afternoon. Will probably need Sunday to recover....
TTFN
xxxx

1 comment:

Erika said...

Lovely card Sarah.