Monday 1 March 2010

A few layouts to share....

After a week of sickness, the House of Yoo is finally feeling fine again!! After my horrible 24 hours, Mark then had it, followed by Jemma and finally Tom - now you can't say that I don't share LOL. So that really took over the week, although we did make it to Mark's Warrant presentation on Tuesday afternoon, very proud moment - and another frame to hang in the downstairs loo :)

This weekend was my weekend at work, so not alot of stuff to report, although me and the kids managed to fit in a bracing walk along the beach to Daisy Rock on Saturday afternoon, Mark wimped out as he said it was too cold and too windy - pah, little did he realise that the wind dropped considerably on the beach, so it was actually quite pleasant. There was a group of photographers stationed just past Daisy Rock, probably from a camera club/class. They all had their tripods out, I think they were there to capture the magnificent sight of the huge waves hitting the rocks and creating spray. Not sure whether me and the kids got captured too though, as we climbed to the top of the rock and sat looking at the wonderful view! Plus it was the first time I had actually climbed onto the rock, usually I am the one at the bottom taking photos of the rest of them and panicking telling them to be careful!

I also uploaded some photos to Photobox for printing this week, they are all photos of Mark as a kid :) I am really impressed with Photobox at the moment, as I got this set of photos 24 hours after uploading - and that is saying something with all the snow problems this week. No snow here though, thank goodness :) So keep an eye out for LOs featuring bad 70's hair and fashion...

On to the layouts now, I managed to get a few done this week, all using PageMaps, gotta love 'em. These all feature older photos of the kids, I went through my storage folders and found some photos that I absolutely adore, and I am really pleased with the layouts I have done with them :)

First up is Jemma and her pal Daniel. These two were inseperable the whole time we were in Gibraltar. It's unfortunate that Dan now lives at the other end of the country, but thats Forces life for you.

I used a Feb 2010 PageMap for this one, and the papers are Crate Paper Mia range. I used my new retro flower punches and also my Martha Stewart butterfly punch. This is a bit shabby chic for me, but I love how it has turned out, and how the corrugated card has added some dimension :)

Next up is the boy...
This is the start of his Star Wars phase, which hasn't really gone away yet, he's now on the Lego... These photos show him with his home made light sabres, wearing Jemma's dressing gown, and pretending to be a Jedi... He had the moves to a tee. I used a PageMap from July 2009, and some of the gorgeous BoBunny Flutter Butter papers I got in a kit from Sarah's Cards.
The final layout for today features one of my all time favourite photos of the boy. Again there is a Star Wars theme, but then alot of Tom's 3rd year was spent re-enacting various scenes from Star Wars.... I took this photo on our day trip to London in July 2005, a week after the bombings. We took a River boat trip, and Tom pulled this pose as we went under Tower bridge...

I used a Feb 2010 PageMap for this one, and used up loads of scraps - there are K&C0 and Crate papers on there, maybe others too :) The label is from Shabby Chic.
Hoping to get some more LOs done this week, and seeing as I have some unexpected holidays from work starting on Saturday, I am hoping to get a few more done in March :) But I am also hoping to get some seeds planted for my herb garden, and look into getting a raised bed made and put in the garden. If today is anything to go by, maybe we have turned a corner and spring is finally on it's way - I even have washing out on the line :)
Happy St David's Day to you all
TTFN
xxxx


1 comment:

** Paula ** said...

Here's to spring!!!

Love the layouts hun, glad all the sickness has left the house - hope it stays like that for you xx