Monday 19 May 2008

Bad blogger..... A long post ....

... I can't believe it's over 2 weeks since I updated the blog - life just has this annoying habit of getting in the way :P I have been busy scrapping wise too - finding that trying to be creative a little bit everyday is helping me de-stress, which is no bad thing. I got Ali Edwards "Life Artist" book a couple of weeks back, and one of the things she advocates in her book is to try and incorporate creating stuff into your everyday routines. I can't say I've gone that far, but I'm trying LOL.

So here are my layouts from the past 2 weeks...

First up is a LO of Tom - yes it is that park in Levin AGAIN, and yes there is some orange, and yes I used Scenic Route papers and foam thickers LOL. And yes, it is a pagemap - from March 2007 :)


Next, a DLO featuring my DH Mark - seeing as he moaned that he isn't on enough of my pages.... These photos were taken on our holiday to the Dominican Republic in 1995, pre scrapbooking too, but I think I captured the demise of our lilo quite well LOL. A January 2007 pagemap this time, and the papers are Creative Imaginations, and not sure about the sand one. More foam thickers, and PM buttons, and a large prima blossom:)


Another LO of Mark, using recent photos this time :) Used a January 2008 pagemap for this one. Again, I used up very old papers, not sure of the makes, but used felt and foam thickers for the title :)


Last of the Mark only LOs (I think 3 is enough to keep him happy for now LOL). Used a May 2008 pagemap for this LO, and once more its photos from Levin, and using Scenic Route paper :P Added a collection of buttons from my stash, and the title is done with Scenic Route alpha stickers :)


Reading Ali Edwards blog a couple of weeks back, she did a series of posts about words and photos. I love telling a good story, and I love having a load of journalling on my pages - I have never shied away from journalling, for me the words are the most important thing. Her weekend creative for that week was to make a LO using just photos and words, and an odd embellishment if we liked. So I did this LO of my Dad. I added a strip of patterned paper too (SassafrassLass) but it is mainly words and the photos :) Oh and foam thickers ROFL, and a little prima birdie too :) I drew the border using a pencil crayon :)


Now it's my turn LOL. A LO I did for the May week 1 team challenge on UKS - the remit was to use a photo of yourself, use ribbons, have some visible journalling, and to either use a flower or a colour in the setting team's multicoloured blinkie :) Which I did, so claimed full points :) Paper is Rob n Bob studio, and the ribbon, rikrak, flowers and buttons all from my stash.



This one uses a particularly flattering photo of me - NOT lol. I used a sketch from week 2's challenge - see further down for the other LO I did for this challenge - and I turned it 90 degrees to do this LO. I used Sassafrasslass paper, the lace is from a Little Silver Hat kit, the flower is one I picked up in Au Naturelle, and the buttons are paper mania. The title is cut using Sizzlit Nouveau alpha :)


This is a heritage LO, with me, Grandad, Gran and a newborn baby brother :) I used an October 2006 pagemap for this one, the papers are Junkitz and Sassafrasslass, a Hambly frame overlay, and I used those pesky velvet thickers for the title - they don't stick very well, and they shed everywhere :(

This LO is the one I did for the May week 2 challenge on UKS - me doing 2 weeklies on the trot, now that must be a first LOL. They provided a Pencillines sketch to use, and also stipulated to use ribbon, stamping and doodling :) I doodled round the edge, stamped some lines to journal on, and used ribbon :) Full points claimed again... The paper I used as a background is Sassafrasslass - seem to be having a run on using their papers this week LOL.

Another LO using Sassafrasslass :) I went back and did the Stuntman class again from the Oscars cybercrop on UKS, as I loved it so much :) I used the KI memories lace card again, and the title is done with foam thickers - my 2 really are like Tiggers on acid when they get on our trampoline....

Finally, I did this LO last night. I used the LHS of a DLO pagemap from Novemver 2004 - this was one of the first pagemaps I ever used, and I loved it... then the love affair truly began LOL - and it was good to revisit it too :) This is us in our hard hats ready to go into some caves to look for glow worms :) I used Chatterbox and Crate Paper patterned papers, papermania buttons, and the ribbon is American Crafts, as are the thickers ;)


Now if you have got to the end without falling asleep, then give yourself a clap... I did warn you it would be a long post....

Hopefully I shall try and post more regularly, but I'm not promising, but thank you for stopping by my little piece of blogdom....

ttfn

xxx

2 comments:

** Paula ** said...

Oh WOW - these are fantastic Sarah!
Absolutely beautiful layouts xx

Mrsjobee said...

Needed to stop for a cuppa half way through your mammoth podt - fabby work as usual Sarah - and nice to see you for a change!