Sunday 24 July 2011

Nuts About Sketches Week 170 :: Findhorn

Week 170 sketch over at Nuts About Sketches, and it's a great double page sketch. I loved this sketch - it uses mainly 4x6 photos (which I use alot) and particularly landscape 4x6 photos (which I tend to take alot of).




These photos are of Findhorn - a seaside village not far from my home. Until we moved to Hopeman, Findhorn was the closest beach to our house.  We spent a lot of time on the beach there, having a coffee at the cafe by the Marina, having a meal at one of the pubs, walking through the woods to the wind turbines, jumping off the sand dunes. There are lots of great memories around this village for our family. I wanted to do a sort of tribute to the village, so I looked out my favourite photos of Findhorn.

I used up some scraps of "seaside-y" colours, and kept the background nice and neutral with kraft cardstock. I stitched round the papers and title block with DMC thread to add some dimension. I wanted to keep the layout quite simple to show the photos, so I just used a couple of quotation stickers as the only embellishments.

It's been a while since I've done a double layout, but I think that I will be trying to do a few more!!

TTFN


xxxx




3 comments:

Sylvia Blum said...

this is gorgeous! LOVE that you used kraft for the background. It let's the pictures stand all on their own. Great design!
Sylvia xx

Unknown said...

Lovely layout! The feel of the page is perfect for the pictures!

Pam said...

What great pictures and great layout! We will be headed to the shores of Lake Michigan in a few weeks and I am keeping your pages in mind when scrapbooking those pictures. Thanks for sharing! :-)