Saturday 7 May 2011

Bookworm

Hello!!!!  As today is the 7th, it's time again for my reveal over at Sassy Lil' Sketches! I had a lot of fun with the sketch this month, and actually got a lil' bit messy with some paint - got to get out of the comfort zone now and again...!!

This months sponsors are:
Digital Delights by Louby Loo

Ippity stamps






This is my layout using the sketch. Photos of Tom reading a book on the beach at Findhorn. He loves to read - he can sit and read a book cover to cover, and would do so all day if you let him. This day, he got cold going in and out of the water, so he just sat on a towel and read a book.

I decided that I needed to jazz up the white background, so used a Donna Downey foam stamp and some Making Memories paint. I stamped directly onto the cardstock, and then stamped 2 more stems onto spare cardstock and then handcut them out and added to the layout with foam pads for some dimension. I also dry brushed some paint onto the cardstock to add some texture. That was the really scary bit!! 
The papers I used are October Afternoon (red pattern) and BasicGrey (blue, yellow and block red). The border was done with a Martha Stewart punch. I made a little lollipop flower from the papers, crumpling the circles first and distressing the edges with my distressing tool. I added a fabric brad to hold it together.  The title is done with American Craft Lullaby Thickers, coloured in with a Canary ProMarker to make them a brighter yellow.

Please head over to the Sassy Lil' Sketches blog to see what the rest of the 7th Sassies did with the sketch, and to get the details on what you can win if you play along with us this month!

Don't forget that there is the Sassy Lil' Card sketches blog too, and they have a new sketch revealed today!! Head on over to see what they have been up to!

I promise to be back tomorrow with the rest of this weeks birthday layouts that I didn't get round to posting - whooops!!!

TTFN


xxxx

3 comments:

Pam said...

Great layout! I love October Afternoon patterned papers. I'll have to check out that punch too. TFS! :-)

Tone K. said...

Hi Sarah ! :o)
Great take on the sketch.
I love your branch and your painting.
Really a great page ! :o)
Wish you a happy week!
xo
Tone K.

Amanda said...

Lovely layout, well done Sarah!