Wednesday 25 August 2010

Scrapping the past...

I love scrapping old photos. I'm not a scrapbooker who exclusively scraps current photos, I love going back and reliving memories through older photos - although I do get frustrated when I can't remember the facts LOL. Scrapping much older photos - ie from before I was born - is fascinating to me, part of the fun for me is finding out the who, where, when, why and what of the photos.
On Two Peas, I have been taking part in Heritage challenges. This month, the challenges were to use photos without people, to use photos from the 1930's and to use a sketch. I don't have any old photos not including people, but as you can split the challenge up, I did what I know best - use a sketch!
I used PageMaps (what else?) as my sketches, and the first one is from the August 2010 selection.
This is a photo of my 2 Aunts on my parent's wedding day in 1970. They were the bridesmaids. I used bazzill card, My Mind's Eye paper and then plenty of Prima flowers. The title is Papermania alpha stickers and American Crafts foam Thickers.

The next layout meets 2 of the challenges - a photo from 1930's and a sketch. This sketch is from the July 2010 selection at PageMaps. This is a photo of my Great Grandmother, taken in 1933 when she was 57 years old. By this time she'd had 10 children, and was a grandma many times over. She reminds me of my Gran - her youngest child - the resemblance is uncanny. She died in 1967 aged 91, I just wished that I could have met her, all the evidence I have of her is that she was a strong, determined woman.

I used My Minds Eye and Making Memories papers, plus some scraps. The type paper is K&Co. I rolled 1 inch squares of paper and stuck them down to make the border. The swirl is Maya Road chipboard covered in Bazzill bling card. I then used 2 sizes of retro flower punch for the bloom. The title is using Basic Grey chipboard numbers.

I can't wait to see what challenges the girls come up with for September.

TTFN

xxxx

1 comment:

Mrsjobee said...

They look fab - all my old photos are in boxes - maybe one day I will get round to doing something with them. I enjoy scrapping the here and now while I can remember it all!