Sunday 2 May 2010

More layouts and a birthday card...

... the old grey matter couldn't think of a better title today, so I'll stick with the obvious....

I've had my Mum come to visit this past week, so not much time for computers or blogging, but we did manage a bit of crafting. And a bit of craft shopping too!

The projects I am sharing today were done over a week ago now, but I've only had the chance now to upload them.
This layout I did after the one I posted on my previous post - I used the same PageMap, but I decided against putting this one in the competition. I flipped the sketch so that it was a mirror image - it worked better that way, and fitted in with the branch better.

I used bazzill card, Sassafras Lass and Scenic Route papers, the label is from Shabby Chic, and the alpha stickers are Thickers. The bird and the flowers are both Prima. I used the Bazzill In Stitchez templates for the hand stitching.

Photos are from Landmark, and show Jemma doing her daredevil impressions whilst jumping off a telegraph pole... It's called the SkyDive, or the fandrop, and now Jemma is tall enough to go on it, you can't keep her off it!

This next layout uses a PageMap sketch from April 2010. The photos are from our Easter Sunday walk in Roseisle Forest, where we found an overhanging tree just waiting to be climbed... Mark took a photo of Jemma, and said she looked like a Koala, and then they all wanted to do it. So here is my bunch of Koalas...

I used Kraft Bazzill, and Basic Grey papers and stickers. The journalling spot is a stamp. And, just for Erika, I too can put sequins on a scrapbook page!!

I made this card for my Nana's birthday, which was the end of April. I sent it to the respite care home she was staying in whilst Mum came to visit.


I used an old Sugar Nellie stamp on this card, and coloured it with my Promarkers. I am getting the hang of them now! The papers are all Basic Grey, and the sentiment is from Craftwork cards. I added a few blooms and a jewelled brad to finish off.
I hope my Nana liked it. But seeing as she doesn't remember me any more (she has dementia) she may not know who sent it. But I hope she appreciated it anyway. It is so sad. I'm glad I gave my Mum a break this week, she has to deal with so much at home.

Anyhoo, the kids are off school, so tomorrow we are hoping to go out for the day - weather permitting of course. Our plan is a trip to the falconry centre at Huntly, and then Mark has found us a walk to do just outside Dufftown which leads to a castle that has a colourful history...
Must make sure the camera has batteries......

TTFN

xxxx

2 comments:

** Paula ** said...

Finally found the link to your blog and boy have i been missing loads.
I love all your latest creations and card - fab!!!!

Erika said...

Yaah sequins on a LO, do I get the name "trend setter" then, lol! Great pic's Sarah...love your koala's.:)